So ~ some interesting... theological-ish... discussions have been happening
around here in the past few days. Interesting discussions abound when
there's a younger crowd in the house.
around here in the past few days. Interesting discussions abound when
there's a younger crowd in the house.
Jake and I... well, there's no use trying to explain how we got on this topic. But.
We were discussing bodily functions (nothing too extreme, just sayin).
Boogers came up. Jake's lightning-quick processing made the leap:
"Did Jesus pick His nose, too?"
Boogers came up. Jake's lightning-quick processing made the leap:
"Did Jesus pick His nose, too?"
I take an awful pride in not being too disturbed by what the boys throw my way.
I try to appear unshaken by most everything. "Well, of course He picked His nose! It's not a sin! He was fully human, so I'm sure He had boogers!"
I try to appear unshaken by most everything. "Well, of course He picked His nose! It's not a sin! He was fully human, so I'm sure He had boogers!"
For the life of me, I couldn't discern if that was wrong. I hope God might've laughed at my predicament and not been offended at all. I in no way meant to abase the
holiness of God, and He was ~ after all ~ fully the God-Man.
holiness of God, and He was ~ after all ~ fully the God-Man.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe Mac was working on his grammar assignment, which was reviewing how to use quotation marks correctly. Rows of sentences from the book of Luke
lined up for his editing, and I hear: "I don't mean anything rude or
disrespectful about this, but Jesus sure did... well, He talked funny."
lined up for his editing, and I hear: "I don't mean anything rude or
disrespectful about this, but Jesus sure did... well, He talked funny."
I looked at the page and saw, "But Jesus said to him, 'No one, having put his
hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
I bit my tongue to not laugh.
hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
I bit my tongue to not laugh.
So then we talked about good old King James and how HE was to blame for that bunch of odd-sounding words. Jesus talked in Aramaic, and His Words
came out clear, full of truth and conviction and comfort. Weighty,
but never odd-sounding.
came out clear, full of truth and conviction and comfort. Weighty,
but never odd-sounding.
Hope God smiled at that one, as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment