So... homosexuality.
Gay marriage. DOMA defeat.
The weight of what to say, how to say it... heavy.
There are so, so many good articles, blog posts, etc. out there right now; faithful Christian teachers and deep thinkers, capable of practical, rubber-meets-the-road, far-ranging connect the dots sort of thinking, who have been able to project the impact of what's happening in this country on this issue and write well on how to hold up the
conservative end of the debates that are coming.
Unfortunately, my brain is a sieve anymore. I read these articles and I understand and agree with the points that are made... but I know I am no debater. I am
sadly lacking in the apologist skills department.
I am simple-minded. Weak, mentally. No quick thinking on my feet here. I am the one who thinks of all the things I could've said or should've said well after the fact. I prefer to call myself... a processor. Sounds better than "stupid."
But this I know, and in this is my confidence:
God says that homosexuality is wrong. His Word is clear. And I know that I
don't have to worry about changing anyone's heart or view on this subject,
because that power belongs to the Holy Spirit alone.
My role is to stand firm on the solid Word of God and let Him work through his Word, which He said would not go out void (Isaiah 55:11), as He sees fit.
This? This I can do. And it's all I need to know.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, not adulterers, not men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
and the men likewise gave up natural relations women and were consumed with
passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and
receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."
Leviticus 18:22: "You shall not lie with a male
as with a woman; it is an abomination."
1 Timothy 1:9-10: "Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and
whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine."
Psalm 86:5: "For You, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call on You."
Romans 10:13: "For 'everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'"
1 John 1:9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
No comments:
Post a Comment