I'm soon to be 4 years shy of 50. Never been there before.
Never, until today, have I been a card-carrying member of the "I'm-sorry-to-tell-you-but-that's-poison-ivy-on-you" club. (Can you believe I never until now?)
I've had scary/gross/ugly caterpillars living in a plastic tub on my kitchen table for about 10 days now. As of this minute, 4 of the 5 are hanging upside down from the lid. Two are almost fully encased in their silk while two more are contemplating the exact point in time to start spinning. The last little guy has had some genetic mix-up and will probably expire soon as the ground crawler he started out as. Never thought I'd allow bugs to take up residence in front of my placemat.
I've never seen caterpillars break free of their cocoons and can't wait to feed the butterflies that hatch.
I've never itched so much in my life.
I've never apologized to my kids beforehand for the crabby, intense mom I could become once these steroids kick in (crazy Prednisone stuff...). Hated that I had to do it, but I don't want to alienate my kids while the poison ivy heals. And I'm praying hard, really hard, that this medicine won't affect me much.
I've never had someone steal my credit card info from some online source and use it to order $2,000 worth of jewelry from some store in Dallas. That happened today.
"And I've never licked a spark plug and I've never sniffed a stink bug, and I've never painted daisies on a big red rubber ball; and I've never bathed in yogurt and I don't look good in leggings and I've never been to Boston in the fall..." (smiles)
1 comment:
How did I just find you? And yes, I'm commenting on a post that is six months old but...you quoted Pirates!! I knew you were my friend. :)
Post a Comment