Monday, June 14, 2010

Ah, Prednisone...

Because of Prednisone, my one-and-only (??) frenemy...

1. My freezer is clean and organized. Now that I know where everything is, I am finally able to accurately plan those meals for the next 39 days, those recipes that demand 3 hours of my afternoon, the ones I haven't made since I was a new bride. I am pumped & ready to braise.

2. I now know 2 completely different ways to apply my blush to nicely accent my fuller cheeks ("moonface") that have blossomed over the past two days.

3. I am talking in sentences that end. At the end. Without circling back because of some impossible bunny trail.

4. I am using 5- and 6-syllable words that I don't remember learning. I must have used them in term papers. Like, 20 years ago.

5. I am meeting lots of people. New friends, all over the place. Having deep, meaningful conversations with complete strangers. Honestly, about the best things. BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO SHUT MY TRAP.

6. I'm not forgetting anything. My mind has become a steel trap. Full of everything. I'm having to remind myself to not throw out the Daytimer (yes, I still use a hard copy).

because i know this won't last...

7. I'm cleaning house while simultaneously blogging, checking off lists, reading the paper, and parenting. And I'm smiling. Because suddenly I can do it all!!!!!

8. I'm ready to conquer the whole house, throw out most of everything, and start all over. Paint and everything. Hoo-doggie!

9. I am finally right about absolutely everything! I make no errors in judgment, and everyone around me is benefiting from my sound decisions (read up on "prednisone" if this dot doesn't connect for you; honestly, this is really funny! and, obviously, are you praying for these poor people who have to live with me right now?).

10. 5:26 a.m. is an AMAZING time! So is 12:19 a.m.!

11. I'm awake for my quiet times in the morning! No more dozing off before coffee!

Seriously, though. Seriously.

I'm thankful that God kindly placed me in history when I could have the advantage of a medicine that has helped knock back a really ugly case of eczema.

But I'm hoping, praying, that this is the end. In about 5 more days. Because the list of the "bads" really does outweigh the "goods."

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. Where do I sign up for some of this wonder-drug? :) If only they could come up with one that would give you all the positive effects without all the negative ones... well, every mom on the planet would be an addict! :)

Journey of Joy said...

Honestly, you don't want this stuff! This tongue-in-cheek post was my attempt at trying to be light about something I hope to never have to take again!

I remain thankful for its benefits, though! And yes, it would be nice to have the few good effects alone!

Journey of Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.