Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Cannot Keep Up

The moon couldn't be missed tonight. It was too full, too bright, too beautiful. So we went outside, Jake and me, to make ourselves stand still under the declarer of Glory.

"God made that. Did you remember that?"

"Yeah. And God made the stars..."

"Mmm-hmm..."

"And the wood..."

"Yeah..."

"And God's under the ground..."

(huh?) "Do what?"

"God's under the ground!"

(He thinks God is dead? God is in Hell? What in the world have I taught this child?)

"What do you mean, Jake?"

"He's EVERYwhere! So He's under the ground!!" (duh...)

"Um, okay, yeah, if that's where He wants to be..."

"Do God sleep?"

"Oh, no! God NEVER sleeps, remember? Because He's always watching us, taking care of us; He never needs to! Because He's God..."

"Well, He did in that movie!"

(what sorta goofy movie did he see with God asleep in it?)

"That movie where He was in the boat and the storm was coming!"

"oh. well. yeah. I mean, that's cuz He was here as a man, and He needed to sleep then, and..."

"That what I mean!! God had to sleep!" (duh...)

"Yeah, okay. Let's go to bed, Jake."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This little guy is going to keep you on your toes! At least you know he is paying attention!