Kissing the little boys tonight before bed. Jake wanted to snuggle (as usual), and I had to apologize for the umpteenth time in a row: "Sorry, Buddy, not til you're all better! I love you, though!!!!"
Jake has a bad case of pityriasis rosea along with MRSA (yikes!!!) We're keeping Lysol in the black. My hands are raw from washing. And I hatehatehate not snuggling with him.
"Jake, you know we get sick here because of sin, right? Sin is what causes us to get illnesses. In Heaven, no one gets sick!"
"Yeah, and I get a new body!"
"Right!"
"And I come back to life?"
"Right... like, instantly."
"And I walk around down here?"
"Uh, no, you get a new body and then live in Heaven!"
"Oh... what we eat there?"
DJ, always the source of knowledge: "We don't eat in Heaven, Jake, cuz you don't ever get hungry there."
I chimed back in: "Weellll... the Bible does talk about food being there. It's there for some reason."
Jake got a big grin: "I hope God has tuna!"
I am still laughing over that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment