Monday, January 24, 2011

Facing the Unknown

I stand at the sink with water up to elbows. Leaned over and braced for the thoughts to die down again, to settle.

I stand in the middle of an unknown path, completely lost as to the next step.

There is nothing familiar here except God. And He is all that is needed. But He has called me to Hard and Alone and Hurt. He has called me to Death and to Battle.

I look for some small familiarness that will anchor my soul, but those have been stripped by Love. Because He knows I will settle into the known rather than cling to the Unseen. So the supports are knocked from sight, and I am standing still.

Every internal fiber screams for the past, for the picture of what was. But He is showing me that the Truth is what is in front of me now. And I am to walk through a reality that I've never fathomed and learn to trust in ways I've never known.

He is here, even though I don't understand His presence like I think I need to. And I am learning to wait ~ even in the midst of incredible pain ~ for Him to move.

2 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

Praying with and for you as you wait on Him. Waiting is so very hard, lonely, painful.......but I am thankful He is there and sometimes I catch glimpses of His face while I wait.

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I am thinking of you. Hope you are okay.
JoanP