Januaries are hard. Always hard. And I always forget.
January 2008 brought news to a little boy in southern Vietnam. News that strangers were coming for him. He had pictures to look at, faces to look for. He didn't know when, just knew it was soon.
They would come and take him out beyond the gates. Away from all he'd ever known, from all that comprised every memory he had. Away from caregivers who knew him so well. Away from those who'd become his brothers and sisters. Away from his bed and his four walls. Away from safe and known.
He'd seen others leave in the almost 5 years he'd been alive. They left and never came back. They were scared, the older ones. He knew.
And now it was coming to him. He didn't know when, just knew it was soon.
He began to feel what he'd never felt before. And it sunk deep... wounding, scaring. Overwhelming.
He knew he wouldn't be back.
Januaries are hard.
2 comments:
sister and love gift to this little one, I am moved always by your posts! God HANDPICKED you for this one! I can not imagine what it is like. I just know that because God ordained it, it is right. It is not easy to be sure....but by gods grace, one day, J will know the love and adoption of Jesus Christ as lived out by you. I love you and count myself blessed to be your friend!
Humbled, blown away, by your always-comforting support and encouragement. GRATEFUL you are my friend and Sister and in my life.
Post a Comment