Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sound of Music

Leaving the house soon to finish making ready for tonight.

My senior, the only piano player in this family of 6, plays her final recital this evening.

For 10 years, the piano strings have been pushed.  Music was at first played haltingly, without correct timing, with great simplicity; the pieces have grown in difficulty, becoming twirling, breath-taking, hauntingly beautiful old friends.

Each piece that will be played tonight is heavy with memories.  I have cried often this past school year as these pieces have been polished and committed to memory.

It seemed at first as though this recital was far, far off.

Tonight I'm wondering who hurtled us to this place in time.  Is it here already?

I will hear the music over the summer, but I must wean myself as well.  It will be a rare occasion come late August.

How does one do that?

Young mamas, are you stopping & stooping, enjoying and savoring?

2 comments:

besnini said...

My sweet friend :) "how does one do that?" Just as one does anything else the Lord requires of us....through His grace. And though there won't be music as often as you would like, when she comes home you savor it all the more. I miss Hope's singing and when she is home she could sing what she wants as often as she wants and I never tire of it...so, look forward to the precious times you will hear the music when she is home.

Journey of Joy said...

Thank you, Dear Friend, for your faithful, sweetest of encouragements. Love you & am thankful that you walk this journey with me!