Ran into the brick wall of perimenopause about 5 years ago (things got really interesting), and I've been trying to make up for a lifetime of fair-to-middlin' nutritional choices, among other things.
All that to say, finding really tasty recipes that are also very healthy is a huge jackpot for me. And if it's something my kids love? Bonus.
Try these. Hot, with some freezing cold natural applesauce piled on top. No flour, no sugar!! I found them on the Beauty That Moves blog. Delish!
Blender Banana Oat Pancakes
Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 c. milk
(author called for nut or raw dairy;
I used some leftover almond milk)
1 ripe banana
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
butter or coconut oil for cooking
Directions:
Place all ingredients EXCEPT egg & cooking oil in blender and blend
until smooth. Add egg & blend a few seconds more.
Let stand 10 minutes or longer to thicken batter. If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add some milk. Cook on pancake griddle or in skillet.
No comments:
Post a Comment