Our Good Friday service last night was, as always, so very excellent. We have been blessed for years with elders who are so intentional in their shepherding, so focused on honoring God and helping those of us under them in our growing up in the Lord. Our services during the "holy" days are always so helpful, so effective.
Last night, the Lord allowed me to sense His presence in ways that I usually don't. With that came a more defined, clearer picture of who I continue to be as I battle to live with the old nature still resident within me. With that also came a more defined, clearer picture of who God is: His merciful, compassionate, patient, all-powerful, full-of-lovingkindness nature.
This song became a favorite of mine from the moment I first heard it. It is always used by the Lord to bring much comfort to me, whether it's because of a trial I'm going through or because I see so much sin in my life and despair of ever being made whole. If you are struggling through some great trial this morning, or even if you are weak with the sense of your own sinful flesh, I know this song will bring you comfort as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment