Saturday, October 23, 2010

Charms to Soothe the Savage Breast

The stress-o-meter blew a gasket today, and I took to the pavement to sweat it out.

Prayed a lot. Ranted a lot. Bit my tongue to not cry because I am a loud, nose-drippy crier and how-in-the-world do you walk when you can't get the air into grief-squeezed lungs?

The walking helped, somehow. Although the problem remains.

Am about to go clean the kitchen and bake some... stuff. Dunno. But that's another thing I turn to when I'm maxed out. Clean & cook.

Was about to pop in some music, and so began to wonder: what does everyone else listen to when they're stressed and need some brain-tuning/heart-mending?

For me, I often choose "quiet" these days. I need to be able to think.

But if I'm going to lean on music to recalibrate, I usually pull Fernando Ortega's "The Shadow of Your Wings" or Shannon Wexelberg's "Faithful God."

What about you?

No comments: