Jake's been wanting a wallet for some time now. DJ has one, Dad has one, Big Mac has one...
Been looking for almost a year now. Everytime I'm in W-Mart or Target or anywhere at all, I'm searching for a wallet for a little boy. Not a wallet to be found.
So he's been making his own. Out of anything that could be folded & taped, bent and glued. Stickers and markers have decorated several versions.
This child wants a wallet ~ badly ~ to hold his $2.47. In change.
Last night found me at Wal-Mart. I passed an certain aisle and thought I'd check again.
OOOO! Paydirt!! Hallelujah! Found a cute little black one that had "boy" written all over it.
Took it home, so glad & excited for him!
He was thrilled. Biggest smiles! Kept unsnapping & unzipping it, asking what this pocket was for and what that section should hold.
This morning, I found him sitting quietly on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket. Holding his wallet.
And offering gold: "Momma, God put that wallet there for me. And God made you find it!"
I don't want these days to fly by, but I almost can't wait to see what God will be doing with Jacob 15 years from now...
2 comments:
And just maybe God gave Jake those words to share with his Mama who would treasure them so!
Last night, when we told Eli it was time for prayers he adamantly said, "Eli no pray." My heart sank to my toes and I instantly realized this parenting thing is so much harder than I ever imagined it could be! I know he is two years old, he is supposed to practice the word NO, and that he does not understand what is sacred. Then it hit me. It's my job to teach him. Whoa.
Lisa, you and your sweet husband will be the best teachers for Eli. It is indeed the weightiest thing we will ever do, but what an honor to be used by God to teach our kids.
You are such a good momma, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for Eli, as well!
Thank you for consistently encouraging me, for being such a sweet friend!
Post a Comment