Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Posting Pressure

I feel like I need to post something. Anything. I mean, there's a blog that got started here back in 2007 when we began the process to bring Jake home. It's been mostly an online diary, sort of a place to share, that I might or might not print off in the future (although I hear it costs a ton of $$).

I check other people's blogs daily but think very little of mine.

There's just not much I feel like typing about. And I'm one of those that, if I can't do the whole enchilada, and do it perfectly, I don't even want to get started.

But.

There's been SO much to type about these past few months!! And therefore little time (or energy!!) to type it all out. Coherently. Perfectly (!!).

So, I feel the pressure. To type. To document.

Hhhmmm... how about some things I've learned recently?

(1) Never, ever, ever go to Disney World in June. And so probably not in July, August, May, or September either. Unless we have a freakishly long winter sort of thing going on. I have never been so hot in my life. I have never sweated so much in one hour's time. I have never walked so much in one day.

(2) Never, ever, ever pass up the opportunity to go to Disney World in June if that's the only time that God gives you (which applies to July, et al, as well). Even if the hottest summer temps are forecasted. Sweating so much detoxes your body (or something like that). Walking so much releases those fun little endorphins. I think.

(3) Never, ever, ever worry about what you'll wear or how you'll look at Disney World. Because no one else will ever care, either. And no one else will be looking at you. You will see more tattoos, more muffin tops, and more cellulite and saggy knees than you ever knew existed. Along with body piercings that are truly frightening. And too many 9-month-olds that will never remember a thing about seeing Goofy.

(4) Never... go to DWorld/Hollywood Studios on the Star Wars weekend. The entire world will be there. Sweating along with you. With their muffins hangin' outta their short-shorts & halters.

(5) Never underestimate the joy you will experience when you enter Magic Kingdom and stroll down Main Street for the first time.

(6) Never underestimate the joy you will experience as you watch your kids interact with the characters while you wait in line for 55 minutes to get that autograph.

(7) Never say you won't pay $2.65 for a bag of Cheetos and $3.45 for a soda at Disney World. You WON'T get into those restaurants, and you don't have a lot of other options. Well, you do, but I wouldn't explore those... "options"... and then go ride the Yeti roller coaster.

There will hopefully be pics posted here soon from our trip. It was so good to be there as a family, a first for all of us all at once! What a blessing from the Lord!

No comments: