Friday, October 21, 2011

Bragging Rights

Yes, this will be a shameless post full of bragging and crowing. Because I'm not tooting my own horn, I feel a great lack of conviction that it is wrong. So, choose now whether or not you want to read through a momma's braggin' on her kiddo.

Plus... I am so proud of my daughter, and I want her to know it! So... this will be a shameless post full of fluff talk.

Mem is taking the ACT for the 2nd time tomorrow. Her score the first time around was really good. Good enough to qualify for some substantial scholarship funds, depending on where she chooses to go to college.

But taking it again ups her odds of getting a higher score & thus being able to snag more money.

She's spent quite a bit of time prepping, taking one practice test after another under the guidance of a tutor. Her scores have been pretty stable, which is good. The first time around was obviously not some fluke. She's really doing a good job.

But hovering-around-the-last-score grades don't do much for boosting your confidence in getting higher marks. Especially the day before the test!

Today, Mem got back her final practice exam. SHE MADE A 33!! I don't know who was more thrilled! Well, probably her, but...

I could've done back flips for her. And what a kindness of God to allow her to get this shot in the arm the day before she takes the test for good!

Way to go, Mem! Even if your test tomorrow yields a lower score, today, Friday, October 21, 2011, you made an incredible 33!

You are a fabulous student, and I am so proud of you. You go, girl.

No comments: