Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jammin' to the Oldies

Very few joys compare with air-guitaring to "Eye of the Tiger" and "We are the Champions" on the way to school with your nine-year-old.

I sang along with those hits when I was in junior and senior high, but the words are long-gone from my memory. I'm relearning them from my 4th-grader. Weird but fun.

I'm at the age where I don't really care much how ridiculous I look to other drivers as we jam in the van. He's at the age where he hasn't learned to care yet. Perfect match, and I'm enjoying every moment before my time runs out.

This morning's session ended with T-Mac's "Catchafire," more commonly known to me as the "Whoopsy-Daisy" song. One of my favs. And it's old, old, old at this point, but I still love it.

And did you know that Toby Mac is MY age, for cryin'-out-loud?? Obviously, some of us can still jam!


Whoopsy-daisy, call me crazy, whoopsy-daisy...

No comments: