The two youngest guys have been in a Lone Ranger fest the past two or three days. Somehow along the way we ended up with 3 hours worth, in all its black-and-white-jerkiness glory.
Better that than... a million other things. And Tonto's way cool.
I get called out of the kitchen by DJ: "Hey, Mom, they got the Lone Ranger's dad on this one!"
I'm no Lone Ranger expert, but this sounded like something that needed to be seen. Stepped into the living room to see... a priest.
Don't know what would've went through your mind, but I'm thinking, "Honestly? They've got a story line goin' about a priest fathering the Lone Ranger? Who was his mother? Was it before the priesthood? This was a family show! In, like, the 30's... What?"
Then my dot connected.
"Buddy, did the Lone Ranger call him 'Father'?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"Bud, that's because that guy's a Catholic priest! Everyone calls him 'Father'!"
"But Mom! The dad called him 'Son'!"
"That's just what they do. Especially back then. I promise you ~ that man's a priest and has nothing to do with the Lone Ranger."
His face was clear: he wasn't buyin' it.
No comments:
Post a Comment