Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November

November is...

~ the 6-week fruit cake starter setting up camp on my kitchen counter (fruit ferments for 6 weeks, makes the most incredibly delicious cake ever. double-pinkie swear. my mouth is watering as I type.)

~ the layering of flannel sheets on the bed. Finally! Everyone in this house is ready to crawl into bed tonight as we lower the thermostat and hibernate like bears.

~ the tea kettle singing throughout the day. Hot water is a MUST if you're going to sit a spell with hot tea or cocoa.

~ Dad in the garage, lost in thought as he preps his gear for duck season.

~ leaves that are too pretty to bag, even though we have to do it anyway.

~ cold ears on the dog.

~ cool hands and ears on the kids.

~ eyes peeled for the burn ban to be off so we can roast at the fire pit.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Save me a piece of that fruit cake! Or better yet, share the recipe! I've always heard about really good REAL fruit cake, but I've never had any.