We started school this past week. Tomorrow marks the beginning of week two. And I'm thinking we've fallen way, way behind and may never catch up. Already.
We're at home tonight, having a lazy, restful evening. Decided to look at some PBS. Some documentary was on about rhinos. I figured we should camp out and try to get some educating going while we could.
I don't even know how this came up. I was definitely listening to the narrator but still can't tell you how this subject entered the program.
Something about Marco Polo. Maybe one of the rhinos was written about by Polo on his travels. Don't know. But some man in Sumatra was standing in a field looking at a black rhino when the words "Marco Polo" were spoken.
DJ had the "light-bulb-went-off" look on his face as he exclaimed to me: "Mom, that's him!"
"Who?"
"Him! Marco Polo!"
"Whadda ya' mean?"
"Mar-Co-PO-lo! The guy who invented that game!!"
(ohmyword. seriously?)
"Sweetie, Marco Polo was a real guy from, like, Spain or somewhere who traveled a lot a long time ago. That's why we play that game at the pool."
"Oh..."
I've GOT to focus on history.
No comments:
Post a Comment