So I've been thinking...
I wish all the rude, nosy, puffed-up objectors to Michelle Duggar's 20th baby would just close their traps and get back to tending their own backyards.
I look at that woman and her family and am just amazed that they are smiling and color-coordinated and clean. The kids seem to enjoy each other, and everybody's excited that another baby is on the way.
I've gotta point out: if a mom & dad can have 19 kiddos and raise them better than I'm raising my 4, why in the world would I have anything to say? And why would anyone else?
Whose business is it, anyway?
And to go further: what if one of their kids (or FIVE of their kids) ends up falling off the path? Maybe dabbling in drugs or pregnant before marriage or... whatever... Does that mean they should've stopped at 9?
No, that just means they're just like the rest of us. We take our blessings from God with much joy and hope, do our best by His grace to raise them in the ways that please Him, and pray our guts out over them. Then we rest, and trust Him for what He will do with them.
I'm excited for the Duggars. And overwhelmed when I see them on T.V. And greatly intimidated by what it must take to hold it all together in their neck of the woods. And sometimes a bit jealous by the sweet spirit that seems to permeate their relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment