Monday, November 14, 2011

Cultivating Thankfulness

A close friend started something on her blog that I want to do here, as well. She started blogging what she's thankful for during the month of November, shooting for a daily post.

When Thanksgiving rolls around, it's easy for me to start thinking about making "I'm Thankful for..." lists. It's the other 11 months of the year when I need to be reminded to think beyond my usual "Lord, thank You for..." list. I'm gonna try to do this for a month, though! And I'm mindful of what I read earlier: "A drop of praise is an unsuitable acknowledgement for an ocean of mercy." How I need to cultivate thankfulness in my heart all year long!

DAY 1

Today I'm finding myself thankful for a husband who comes in to rescue, to buffer, and to encourage.

I'm thankful that the weather is changing, and that rain is on the way.

I'm thankful for the ingredients to make homemade chai lattes sitting in my fridge.

I'm thankful for Tazo tea, honey, and lemon... I feel a cold gathering steam in my head.

No comments: