Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 9

I am so thankful...

To be reminded that I have so shallow a view of God and His majesty, but that He is at work and can be trusted to increase my view of Him; that He is sanctifying my thoughts of Him; and that He will not turn from me in frustration. That I can trust Him to kill my pride, and that a day is coming where I will not have any more questions, where I will get to stand before His throne and worship Him fully, completely, in absolute and truthful adoration.

For Saxon Math 1. I can't adequately describe how thankful I am to God that He led me to use it with Jake. It is pure genius in the way it's laid out and the way it teaches. Jake is doing things in math that I thought would take so much longer for him to do. I'm breathing easier.

For a certain college sophomore young man who makes a point of checking in with and encouraging my sophomore. Thank you, Luke!

For a husband who frees me up to get to another massage appointment by administrating the showers of the youngest two, the folding of a huge pile of laundry, and the massive job of getting everyone tucked into bed.

For a daughter who gladly takes care of dinner, also freeing me to get to that much-needed appointment!

That C.S. Lewis chose to end his chapters with cliff-hangers. I get to hear Joe, each and every time: "OH!! PLEASE!! Can't we read some more??" There's very few things I like more than enjoying a good read with my kids.

No comments: