Thanking God...
For a husband who comes home and says: "Why don't you drive into town, get a Starbucks, and drive the old highway? I'll make your pies for you." Am I dreaming?
For 3 pies, finished & cooling on the table. Work for tomorrow is done, because we won't be eating at home. I LOVE having Thanksgiving at my house, but it's nice to go to my inlaw's, as well.
Part of that is getting to have a Thanksgiving meal like I had growing up: sweet potatoes with marshmallows, real dressing, pies instead of cakes. I love that food, but I've started my own traditions when it comes to cooking for Thanksgiving. I make a stuffing on the stovetop with apples & cranberries. Usually don't even make potatoes! My mom still asks, "Where's the giblet gravy?" when she comes in. (BTW, the only reason I ever ate that stuff was because the turkey was so dry ~ sorry, Mimi, may your soul rest in peace... I just don't do giblet gravy!) So going to visit my mother-in-law means getting some food that takes me back to childhood.
For time on the couch tonight with Joe, Jake & Mem ~ watching the old "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." (I fell asleep, but hey... I'm 47... I was at least there in body.) The holiday season of shows has started!
1 comment:
What a wonderful husband! I love reading thoughts from your thankful heart, K. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.
Post a Comment