Thankful....
For peeks into the prayers of saints already at Home:
"Give me a humbling sense of my sins, give me a humbling view of Thy glory, give me a humbling taste of Thy love, for surely nothing humbles like these. All my pride springs from ignorance. Grant me to know myself, to know Thee, to know my relation to Thee, and my dependence upon Thee, my unprofitableness and insufficiency before Thee; and the extent and importance of the mercies I continually receive from Thee." (John Newton, 1758)
For the front-row view of the cardinal that lit in the crepe myrtle just 10 feet from my face this morning. What a joy to be able to watch him for several minutes while he sang!
That I can still walk into Mem's room for a wake-up kiss. (These days are numbered, and I am not counting them. I am living with my head in the sand while also trying to live inside every second. This will be hard, this parting when it comes; but I am thankful that I have the hope of the future grace I will desperately need to let go and rest in God. Kathie, you must keep reminding me that it will come, and that it is overwhelmingly sufficient...)
For The Magician's Nephew to start with Joe & Jake; for time on my bed under covers while we read.
For a long catch-up conversation with one of my we-go-way-way-back best friends. I sat in the post office parking lot for 45 minutes while we chatted, certain that I would at some point be surrounded by police cars while I sat for so long outside that federal building.
For a husband who will take over the role of disciplinarian without complaining. Raising these boys is hard, hard work, and they need their dad to teach them to grow up!!
For peeks into the prayers of saints already at Home:
For the front-row view of the cardinal that lit in the crepe myrtle just 10 feet from my face this morning. What a joy to be able to watch him for several minutes while he sang!
That I can still walk into Mem's room for a wake-up kiss. (These days are numbered, and I am not counting them. I am living with my head in the sand while also trying to live inside every second. This will be hard, this parting when it comes; but I am thankful that I have the hope of the future grace I will desperately need to let go and rest in God. Kathie, you must keep reminding me that it will come, and that it is overwhelmingly sufficient...)
For The Magician's Nephew to start with Joe & Jake; for time on my bed under covers while we read.
For a long catch-up conversation with one of my we-go-way-way-back best friends. I sat in the post office parking lot for 45 minutes while we chatted, certain that I would at some point be surrounded by police cars while I sat for so long outside that federal building.
For a husband who will take over the role of disciplinarian without complaining. Raising these boys is hard, hard work, and they need their dad to teach them to grow up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment