[Posting this on Saturday b/c, while I wrote it on Friday, forgot to post it...]
(Missed writing yesterday, but were out of town for Thanksgiving.)
Thinking, and thankful:
For inlaws, good inlaws. Especially my mother-in-law. I've always heard the jokes about bad MILs, and God consistently reminds my heart to be thankful that He chose the dearest, kindest one for me. I love my mom-in-law, love her sweet heart, her graciousness and patience toward me. And I love how well she did with her sons! I thank God for you, Mary Ann!
For so much food... What a terribly heavy blessing, to live here and struggle with not eating too much rather than worrying about how we're going to eat at all.
For safe travel home. There are so many accidents out where we live, and so many of them are caused by a high number of deer this year. I am so thankful that none of us have had a bad crash! (A deer did hit the side of the gray van a couple of weeks ago. Dad was driving, held her steady. Still waiting to hear from the insurance company, but no one was hurt.)
For good sleep so I could get up with Mem and hit some Black Friday sales this morning. Nothing too crazy/hairy for us, just left the house at 6:30, and we were able to snag a few good deals. Got some Christmas presents bought (yea!).
And so, for time alone with Mem. 10 hours alone! She is an incredible daughter, but she has become one of my dearest friends, as well. I enjoy our times together so much and will miss her more than I can stand to talk about when she leave this next fall. So, next topic...
For a husband who can cook! Came home to a pot full of gumbo that he'd filled with crayfish tails, shrimp, duck (that he'd killed), chicken, sausage, and turkey. Fantastic over rice!!
Hope your Thanksgiving was full of reminders that the sovereign God continues to reign and to shower us all with mercy and care. I also hope Thanksgiving found your heart full, overflowing, with gratitude for what He has chosen for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment