Thankful for...
The yearly mammogram. Boy, howdy!! In all sincerity, I truly am thankful to live in a country where I can get one done and have the insurance to pay for it.
The tender love of a young son. Gave Joe some cash this morning to buy some goodies for himself at a school craft sale. When we walked into the school, the tables there were loaded with brownies, cookies, candy pops, and all sorts of sugary things Joe likes. I knew he'd have a hard time figuring out exactly what he'd want to spend his cash on. (Poor guy: genes from both parents cause him to crave those sweets!)
I got a call later from him later in the afternoon while I was in town. He'd gotten home and wanted to catch up a bit. I asked: "What'd you buy at the sale?"
"I bought you some pretty earrings! You're gonna love 'em! They're purple and pink! Except I lost one... But I'm gonna make you a key ring outta the one I got!" When I asked what they'd cost, he said, "$4.00."
That was the whole amount I'd given him.
I couldn't care less what he does with the remaining earring. I wanted to crawl through the phone and squeeze him hard. Love that kid. That one earring's gold with me!
So thankful for a husband who gets the icicle lights on the house finished, then turns them on for me to see as I drive home. He knows how much that means to me!
For a college acceptance letter for Mem!
2 comments:
oh the college acceptance letter....a joy and a burden. Have I told you that with the grace comes tears? Deep love causes deep grief. Some tears are okay, the key is don't be overcome (easy to say hard to do) I'm praying my friend!
Thank you, Sister ~ I'm in the "I'm-embarrassed-to-say-how-often/much-I'm-already-cryin'" club. I think I'm its only member, which makes it worse. Yes, deep love. And yet I can already attest to this: there have been moments when I saw future grief/dark days and have had great fear of them coming. But even though the despair seems at times heavier than I can bear up under, the LORD always steps in, sets my thoughts aright, and lightens the weight with His unique comfort. I know He will never leave me and is always there to comfort & guide!
Post a Comment