Thanking God for...
A quiet house in the morning while all the kids sleep in!
The other earring found. Joe wouldn't let it rest: "Put it in, Momma, I need to see 'em on ya!" In they went, and he grabbed my face with still-little-boy hands. His eyes went back and forth, from ear to ear. Then he looked me square in the eyes, brown to brown, smiled, and kissed my nose. "They're beautiful on you, Mom! I knew they'd be." I will die with these still on. I will shower in them til my earlobes turn green. You will need to pry them outta my cold, dead fingers.. er, ears. Thanks to Mem for finding the lost!
A quiet house in the morning while all the kids sleep in!
The other earring found. Joe wouldn't let it rest: "Put it in, Momma, I need to see 'em on ya!" In they went, and he grabbed my face with still-little-boy hands. His eyes went back and forth, from ear to ear. Then he looked me square in the eyes, brown to brown, smiled, and kissed my nose. "They're beautiful on you, Mom! I knew they'd be." I will die with these still on. I will shower in them til my earlobes turn green. You will need to pry them outta my cold, dead fingers.. er, ears. Thanks to Mem for finding the lost!
My charmer, the jewelry buyer...
The opportunity to watch my oldest son being inducted back into the Beta Club. That guy is scary-smart.
No comments:
Post a Comment