Thoughtful, and grateful...
For the gentlest of admonishments from a true friend ("Faithful are the wounds of a friend..." Prov. 27) Sadly, my first response, though silent and (hopefully) undetected, was full of pride and hurt. Honestly? Could she not have kept that to herself when she knows I'm struggling? And, of course, she was knowingly, lovingly addressing the very thing I'm struggling with.
But thankful, so thankful, that the LORD heard my subsequent confession, that He gives me the hope of true repentance, that He is at work in my heart to slay my pride, that He is giving me a fuller hatred for it, that He is faithful to bring me Truth through my friends, that He gives me a stronger desire to hear it and come under it than the desire to bow up against it... Thankful that He does not leave me to fend for myself but instead is at work in me for my good and for His glory. That He continues to bear with me and burn away my dross... That He gives me true friends who love me!
[If you are my friend, please do not ever hesitate to confront me! How I need to hear! And how I need to practice battling my pride and confessing my failures!]
For the truth that was brought to me today. Truly, something I needed to hear! God spoke clearly to me, through the Word shared with me, about how I need to see my sin from a different angle. It was so, so helpful.
For dinner out with the fam tonight.
For a thank-you note from someone dear who is far, far away...
No comments:
Post a Comment