Isaiah 25:1: O LORD, You are my God;...
To all of creation, to every person who has lived, who lives today, who will live in the future: He is THE God.
If you refuse to submit to Him today, there will be a terrible day when you will be separated from Him forever because of your sin. But you will also bow your knee to Him and give Him the honor that He is worthy of. You will say with your mouth: "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!" (Rev. 5:13; see also Phil. 2:10)
To everyone, He is THE God.
But to His children, to His chosen, to me... He is my God.
He is ELOHIM, mighty and powerful. He took my hardest of hearts and gave me a heart of flesh that would love and desire Him.
He is JEHOVAH-MACCADDESHEM, my sanctifier. He is making me holy and will not fail to complete His good work in me.
He is JEHOVAH-ROHI, my shepherd. He leads me into comfort, protects me from danger, restores my soul and leads me in the paths of righteousness.
He is JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH, ever near, ever present. I have nothing to fear, and I am never alone.
He is JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU, my righteousness. I continue to be full of sin. My motives are never pure, I willingly choose to sin, my heart grows lukewarm with the smallest of distractions. But He does not leave me to wither. He clothes me with His righteousness and gifts me with the hope of future glory. My sins are paid for, those of the past, those of today, and all that I will commit before death.
He is EL-OLAM, the everlasting God. He was never created but always was and always will be. There will be no end to His reign, and there will be no end to Him being my God.
Hallelujah.
"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come! Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created."
He is my God, and I will get to stand with the multitudes before the throne and say this for eternity.
I have no word in my grasp that can adequately describe what this means to me. But I think my vocabulary will expand infinitely when I walk through Heaven's gate!
No comments:
Post a Comment