Did you know...
Krispy Kreme no longer hands out free doughnuts when the red light's on?
One Sudafed is fine, but two create "Type-A-on-Steroids" mom?
That the best way to stop your lingering cough is just to stop coughing? And that it is truly, truly possible to not slap your sweet, sweet, younger-than-you doctor while he tells you that with a straight face? (Honest. Just sit on your hands.) His remedy? No meds prescribed at all, because they actually don't work, just a placebo effect (oh. yes. and thank you so much for making me feel like a mental-health nut case. "placebo" my eye...) I was instead told to constantly alternate Jolly Ranchers and cough drops, drink lots of hot tea and water, and just ride it out.
Right. I'll just go (cough-cough) ride it out right under his (cough-cough) bedroom window at night. Loudly.
I am looking forward to making cookies with my youngest two tomorrow? Needing plenty of sleep, though! I think I like the thought of memories more than the making of memories.
2 comments:
That last sentence is profound, my friend! I hope you feel better soon!!
The last sentence was what hit me, too. Sadly that is often how I feel, too, if I am honest. Hope you are better. Wade and I are both in our 4th and 5th weeks of coughing and sinus trouble. Ugh......And he's been on a Z-pak! Miss ya!
Post a Comment